This recipe for Dream Bars is care of my wonderful Nana, who I am sure pick-pocketed it from someone else, but for the sake of legacy and honor, we will just go ahead and give her full credit.
The brookies (brownie cookies) make the most of baking’s basic ingredients and the extra flare of sugar-soaked coconut will transport your taste buds to a magical, tropical island in the dead of winter. They are perfectly chewy and hold up well when given a deep dunk in a glass of coconut milk. You will use one bowl, one pan, and only 40 minutes of your precious time. So bake up a batch this weekend and make sure to grab a few for yourself before sharing with others. See you all on Monday.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (o mg of sodium)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs (70mg of sodium per egg), beaten
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 teaspoons of sodium free baking powder
- 1/2 cup of raw coconut (0 mg of sodium)
- 1 cup of sugar water (1 cup water + 1 cup granulated sugar)